Thursday, November 19, 2015

Band Concerts & Book Signings

Every time I write a post, I promise myself that I will write another one at least once a week.  Obviously, I haven't managed even once a month, lol.  But I wanted to share three exciting events this weekend.




First the Colorado Springs New Horizons Band, under the direction of Bill Callen and Mark Israel, will be performing our fall concert this Saturday, November 21st, at 2:00pm, in Strickland Chapel on the Nazarene Bible College campus.  I'm playing Fr. horn, which is a lot of fun, and I'm also taking a turn at conducting, which may or may not prove to be a wise thing to pursue.  Fortunately, I don't have to worry about reading a score because the march I'm conducting didn't come with one.




Second, I'm having my very first book signing before and after the New Horizons Band Concert!  Is that cool or what?




And last, the Rocky Mountain Wind Symphony, under the direction of Ken Soper, Sr., will be performing their fall concert this Sunday, November 22nd, at 3:00pm, in Strickland Chapel on the Nazarene Bible College campus.  I'm playing Fr. horn.  Again.  Still having a LOT of fun and playing a lot of really cool music.


So, to repeat myself, which is always a smart thing to do because I may have screwed it up the first time:
New Horizons Band Concert: Saturday, November 21st, 2:00pm, Strickland Chapel, NBC campus
Rocky Mountain Wind Symphony Concert: Sunday, November 22nd, 3:00pm, Strickland Chapel.


BOOK SIGNING! It's kind of cool.  Especially after this week, when I couldn't read a simple jazz piece for one student, couldn't make heads nor tails of the middle of the Chopin EM Etude, Op. 10, No. 3, and spent all day Tuesday shoveling snow that the wind blew right back into 3-foot drifts....


I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving with family and friends.  Stay warm and be thankful.





No comments:

Post a Comment